Location: Redwood Shores
Term: 6 months
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
Creativity, Collaboration, and Communication are what make Maxis tick as we prepare ourselves for massive amounts of growth and an incredible amount of fun. We want to engage our players and create the most entertaining titles in the world. Come and see for yourself, the future is here.
At Maxis we're pushing the boundaries on every front, so you'll get a chance to stretch beyond your comfort zone and have the ability to learn while you contribute. Our team culture is collaborative and high-performance oriented. We expect everyone to think like game makers and approach development with a Player First perspective.
- Create expressive character animation that portrays a wide range of emotions
- Deliver content on schedule that meets technical requirements
- Perform as a key contributor of the animation production process
- Use both Maya and proprietary art tools to implement animated characters and objects in the game
- Work with Engineering, Audio and Design to ensure animation meets technical and game play requirements
- Make sure all work is clean and organized with regards to assets within each file as well as file structure and storage
- 3+ years of professional character animation experience using Maya, Max, or equivalent
- Must exhibit strong traditional animation principles (timing, spacing, squash and stretch, etc...) and be able to demonstrate that knowledge
- Understanding of creative and technical challenges particular to video game animation
- Animation experience with FK and IK skeletal systems
- Ability to take direction well
- Self-Motivated towards solving creative problems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, solid organization and efficient time management. Takes direction and seeks clarification when necessary.
- Self-motivated, able to collaborate with other game team leads in a deadline driven environment.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.