MAXIS - Character Animator (contract)
Location: EA Redwood Shores
Term: 3 - 6 months
The Animator's role will be to create, iterate and deliver high quality animation performances, to a variety of 3D characters, within a 3D scene. The animator will be expected to work closely with the animation director and other animators within the team to aid in the delivery of a visual target.
- Understands the basic principles of animation and how to apply them within a cinematic sequence.
- Ability to portray a character arc by incorporating personality through acting choices.
- Ability in creating and executing finalized high quality animation sequences in Maya.
- Experienced in tackling a wide range of animation styles.
- Capable of maintaining style consistency within a cinematic sequence.
- Ability to take, understand, iterate and incorporate feedback effectively with fast turnaround times.
- Is organized and punctual with deliveries.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have experience animating for game cinematics, movies or TV for 3+ years.
- Creating and iterating on animation content to support a Pre-Vis Target that is tied to the following:
- Solo / Idles / Seated
- Flexibility in exploring and iterating on different styles of animation aesthetic which will aid in the animation style guide.
- Pursuing creative avenues in animation acting and pushing the limits of aesthetics for games.
- Estimating animation tasks appropriately and meeting milestone deliverables.
- Unreal experience is a plus, but not necessary.